Translate

Friday, September 11, 2009

About last month . . .

Greetings!

Well, I was gone for nearly three weeks until about the middle of August. Once I got home I hugged my computer, whispered sweet nothings to my Wacom pad, and started working again. I found on my journey that I adore designing clothing for Second Life. I love finding uniquely beautiful gowns to bring to life in our virtual world. I should probably get a 'real' job at some point, but the fact of the matter is that I consider designing digital clothing my 'real' job. It speaks to my heart and soul, it is my passion and my bliss. Because of that, I will continue working on this things for as long as I'm able too!

Now onto what's new! Around Blisswood, the big store, are several treasure chests with clothing items in them that are free. Though you are limited to one. Among the items are a pink boudoir robe, a Bejeweled gown in emerald, a Bejeweled gown in Onyx, and uhm, a modern little flirty thing. So, visit Blisswood on Northern Lights, hunt around the store and outside, and you'll find the treats. It's reallly just for fun and they're not tiny motes of sand. The chests should be fairly easy to find. Also, STEAM: The Hunt, has started. There's a gear hidden around Blisswood as well as the two Curious Seamstress stores. Each has a different prize, and one of them is a set of mens clothing. Now about that set of mens clothing, it is made so that a woman can wear it too. There's a cute little top hat, two for the ladies and one for the men, and there's a skirt for the ladies. A very sleek glitch type skirt. Just pop by the Port Babbage Curious Seamstress store and find the gear. You'll see what I'm talking about!

Now, for the last few items that went out recently, I do have pictures!

This first is a sweet 1920's summer dress. No, our great-grandmothers did not all run around in flapping boots and beads all day! I loved the color of this dress, and that's why I've added it to the collection.



The second is a gorgeous Edwardian military cut walking dress, complete as always with period undergarments.



It also has a resizable hat. I'm quite pleased with this gown, and if I didn't have to be working on the next one, I'd be wearing this one!



Butterflies is such a summer treat, I know. It's based on a real Edwardian gown, and was so crisp and delicate looking that I had to make it. I've also got my first parasol here. I don't totally care for the fact that the animation doesn't override all AO's, but if you're standing around chatting, it works just fine!



This is a request piece. Or pieces as it were. New Babbage has many folks that were intersted in wearing their tartan while working. I think these can be worn by anyone really, and would do well in an urban Victorian setting. Or a cow town if you were really brave!

There are a couple of other gowns that should be out today, heaven willing and I manage to get everything done fast enough! I also have several, yes, that is several, gowns on the planning board. Or in my case, in the folders. You see, I sort gowns according to month/season/holiday period. I've already got several gowns waiting to be worked on, it's just a matter of getting to them!

I hope that you all have had a lovely summer. If you have children, I hope you're loving the back to school time! I am happily looking forward to the holidays and my personal favorite, Halloween! I ADORE that holiday for many reasons. Not the least of which is it kicks off the holiday season in my mind!

I wish you all bright blessings and much laughter.
Cordially yours,
Kembri

No comments:

Post a Comment