Translate

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Lady Seabreeze and Candy Ribbons

Greetings!

This week I've two new, very beautiful Victorian day gowns. The first is named after Breezy Carver. The gown, Lady Seabreeze, is a delightful spring creation of sky blue brocade, satin, and white lace. There is a matching hat and of course a bustle skirt since it is based on a fantastic 1878 bustle gown.



The original gown came out of a museum and is now, as far as I know, in a private collection. There are a total of four skirts on this dress, and the movement of it is truly lovely. It's a perfect Easter gown. The rare sky blue color makes it a very special piece. There are undergarments included as well.

Next up is a gown I dubbed Candy Ribbons because it looks like that kind of hard candy. It is a sweet dress, no doubt about it. The most challenging part was the stripes and making sure they worked well. I hope you'll enjoy the new bustle configuration on this as well.



There is just one prim skirt on this gown, and that is the bustled part. I really do enjoy wearing this one because of the look of it. The original is made of cream colored wool with satin ribbons and emerald green fringe. This isn't an exact replica, but it's still a sleekly tailored spring time ensemble. Period undergarments are included.

Both dresses can be found on Xstreet.

Until next time, I wish you a joyful and happy Easter!

Cordially yours,
Kembri Tomsen
The Curious Seamstress

2 comments:

  1. *hugs* ,What an amazing Gift !! Indeed ... it is with out a doubt the most beautiful gown made with so much heart and love endless thoughtful details..
    I am humbled and honored to be connected to it but most important I am quite touched with YOU and YOUR Sister .. Thank YOU ..
    Lord knows I am not perfect , but I have a genuine good heart and try so hard to make a difference and give from my heart as much as can !
    People really do not understand , and forget this thing we call life is so fleeing .. In any world ..
    Thank YOU again for taking and making the time to care, touch and make a positive difference to me :)
    thank YOU dear Kemi from the center of my entire heart !!
    with love always
    Breezy Carver
    ( Lady Seabreeze)

    ReplyDelete