Translate

Monday, May 24, 2010

How many gowns?

Greetings!

Usually I post on the latest releases, but today I'm going to post on something else! My sister Ghilayne mentioned last night that she was commenting on some flickr photos, then she asked if we had a flickr account. Well, golly yes, we do! I just haven't posted to it since this time last year! Yes, I can be that bad about keeping up on some things.

I've spent the morning uploading and organizing the ads for the Curious Seamstress dating back to the 'birth' of the store in fall of 2008 and my first Worth gown.



That was not my very first ever gown I'd made in Second Life, but it was the first one with original textures created by me. I've been in business in Second Life since 2007, so I paid my dues with lots of growing pains, believe me! I've said before and will say it again, I didn't think I'd be able to be really good at this gown making thing until I could use a texture making program. Now I can, and I think I've gotten pretty darn handy with it! It is as much art as it is technical skills. It also helps that I love what I do.

Now days I can do gowns I wasn't able too in 2008 or earlier. It is a matter of practice, practice, and more practice. I would not do that Worth gown the same way now, and who knows, perhaps for our store anniversary I'll do another version of it!

We also have a new garden area at Blisswood. Actually, you have to take the teleporter to the garden area. That teleporter is some place on the north side of the store. It's not hard to find, and the garden is meant to be a place to just relax and chat with friends. I do hope you'll come visit at some point!

The releases this week will be out tomorrow sometime, and then I'll post about those! If you'd like to see all 100, yes, 100 items that are on flickr, just follow the link here. I have more than 100 items, but hey, I confined myself to things that are mostly available on Xstreet or in the stores. That doesn't count things like freebies, hunt items, etc. Eventually I'll add a set of those too, letting you see what's been offered over the years.

OMG, did I say years? That's it, time for some iced coffee!

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Cordially yours,
Kembri

No comments:

Post a Comment