Translate

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Summer's end





Greetings!

I am a baseball fan from childhood. As a little girl on the West coast, summer to me will always be listening to a baseball game, barbecue, and freshly cut grass on a sunny day. I played many a pickup game with my brothers when I was growing up, and yes, it was a much more innocent and slower paced time. I cannot quote stats nor do I wish too, but I can enjoy a good game of baseball! That's why the video for today is one of my favorite baseball songs ever! It is my ode to summer.

Summer is quickly sliding towards the end of the season and I see fall running in this direction! I haven't yet posted last week's releases so I'm going to do that today. I have several new gowns coming out Saturday morning, but for now, let's look at last week's 5 offerings! First up is Sunshine, a 1920s tea gown I've wanted to make since I first saw it.



This gown was created by Ms. Jessie Franklin Turner, a very important and largely forgotten American designer in the 1920s and 1930s. You will see more of her gowns from Curious Seamstress, but this lovely silk ensemble is made for summer time teas.


Next is Rosemarie, a late Victorian tea gown by Doucet. I've spoken about this fantastic French designer before, and hope you'll take some time to look up his history.



It's a delicate, dreamy gown with lots of lace and chiffon.


Next up are two more modern play suits for those still warm days. Princess Lollipop is a pretty pink confection from the 1950s.



It's meant to be very feminine and fun.

Next is Rockabilly Brenda, based on a 1950s play suit, and perfectly suited for playing on the beach or even a quick game of softball at the park!



Sunglasses are included with both suits.

Last is a costume that can be used either as a ballerina outfit or as a costume or even, if you wish, as a modern party dress. I used it at a mask ball and had a lot of fun with it. It is based on a real ballerina costume. May I introduce, Rose Red.



It's great fun, really! These items can all be found on Xstreet.

That's it for last week's releases. As I said, I have some coming out either late Friday or early Saturday. I wish you all a wonderful day!

Cordially yours,
Kembri

No comments:

Post a Comment